Jo Anne Preston for Arlington Housing Authority
I am running for the Board of the Arlington Housing Authority Board. I hope to earn your vote on June 6. I want to work with the AHA and their tenants in order to improve the lives of our residents.
- Town Meeting member for precinct 9, in which three of Arlington’s five Housing Authority buildings are located.
- Volunteer for the Council on Aging Thanksgiving programs and the holidy gift program at Chestnut Manor and Winslow Towers.
- Ph.D. in social science with a speciality in gerontology
- Wrote successful grants for the Thompson School Library
- Former social worker for Medical Aid to the Aged
- Former research director for Institute for Aging Study “Aging and Generational Relations”
- Strong desire to improve the lives of residents
- Improve pedestrian safety around Chestnut Manor
- Access more funding sources through grant applications
- Create a responsive application office
- Increase resident participation in decision-making
- Greater access to religious services, libraries, and shops
- Develop more programs for residents at the Arlington Housing Authority buildings
- Facilitate intergenerational activities
- Encourage neighborhood engagement
- Update tenant handbook to include state regulations
Better Communication New Programs More Funding